Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Grace

Grace and her dad, Forest
My little cousin, Grace Hamilton, was diagnosed with Leukemia today.  We were devastated when we received the news, but I can only imagine what my cousin Amy and her husband, Forest, are experiencing right now.

Those of you who know me well know how much I love kids, and the thought of Grace experiencing so much pain and hardship breaks my heart.  I wish so desperately that I could take that disease, pain, and suffering from her - that it was my sickness instead of hers.

I have been thinking and learning recently about God's Sovereignty, and it's very easy to conceptually believe that God is Sovereign until your baby daughter gets a deadly disease.  Now it is real!!

How can God be Sovereign in this?  Why us?  Why her? I know that these are the kind of questions that must be racing through their minds at this very moment.  We can talk all that we want about God's sovereignty, but when something like this totally wrecks our lives - do we really believe He is Sovereign?

How does this fit into His plan?  I don't know! My limited mind cannot comprehend why this must happen.  I do know that God is good, and I know that He listens to and answers prayer.  And you better believe that we are going to have hundreds of people praying that God heals her body from this disease.

One of the most encouraging passages on prayer is in James 5.  James says that "Elijah was a man just like us."  He prayed, and God listened because He was righteous.  James then says, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."  Jesus tells us that if we pray in faith, whatever we ask will be granted to us.

Will you pray in faith with us that God would heal little Grace completely, immediately, and supernaturally?  I believe that I will have the joy of someday posting that God has supernaturally healed her in the future.

Please pray,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment